SCHOOL OF MEDICINEABOUT EAC SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The Emilio Aguinaldo College School of Medicine was founded and established by Dr. Paulo C. Campos, a National Scientist in Nuclear Medicine. It was formally opened on July 23, 2001 with 24 enrollees. Dr. Salvador R. Salceda, an ophthalmologist, became the first Dean (2001-2003), followed by a gastroenterologist, Dr. Esteban P. Pineda (2003-2010), and a surgical oncologist, Dr. Conrado C. Cajucom (2010-2013). The fourth and present Dean is Dr. Asuncion L. Abaya-Morido, a general surgeon and the former Hospital Director of Medical Center Manila, now known as the Manila Med.
Our founder envisioned the School of Medicine to be an outstanding institution for medical education and health research. As such, the School shall provide an education and scientific environment that prepares the students to become professionally competent, socially-relevant and compassionate physicians with a strong commitment to lifelong learning. It is also committed to undertake relevant reforms on medical education in response to changing national and global health needs and scenarios, as well as newly generated medical information.
The School of Medicine is staffed by dedicated, respected and competent academicians, as well as clinicians who are well-known in their fields of specialty. It implements an outcome-based, synchronized curriculum, with early clinical integration and emphasis on interactive learning process. It also boasts of well-equipped classrooms, basic science and skills laboratories and a library.
In the past, classrooms, laboratory facilities and offices were all confined at the 9th floor of Building 7, and Building 5. But due to the growing population of both medical students and faculty members, expansion to the EAC Building 7, 10th floor became necessary.
The Manila Med, School of Medicine’s base teaching and training hospital, is a tertiary training institution accredited by the Department of Health, an ISO9011: 2008 certified institution since 2011, and PhilHealth accredited Center of Excellence in 2010; a rare distinction among tertiary private and government hospitals in the Philippines. It is competently manned by active and visiting consultants, who are well-respected in their various fields of expertise and committed to teaching both the students and resident trainees during bed-side rounds and conferences In addition to this, the School of Medicine is also affiliated with other teaching and training hospitals like University of the Philippines – Philippine General Hospital (UP – PGH), Ospital ng Maynila Medical Center (OMMC), and the corporate-owned Emilio Aguinaldo College Medical Center – Cavite, which is strategically located in Dasmariñas, Cavite and that is best suited for community health-oriented programs. Community rotations in Pasay City, Metro Manila and selected government units in Cavite, through the Department of Family and Community Medicine, are also included to provide the students a better exposure and learning experience to caring for the marginalized sectors of our society.Note:
The Emilio Aguinaldo College – School of Medicine is an active member of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges Foundation, Inc. (APMCFI) and has been granted the Government Recognition by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
The School of Medicine is a competent unit of the Emilio Aguinaldo College. It is committed to the education and training of relevant, competent and compassionate physicians who will be effective health care providers, researchers and teachers imbued with the strong desire to continue the pursuit of knowledge and a deep sense of service to the community and the nation.
The School of Medicine articulates the vision that it will be an outstanding institution of medical education and health research.
It will provide an educational and scientific environment that prepares the medical students to become competent humane physicians even as they sustain their own development through opportunities for life-long studies.
Pursuant to the articulated mission and vision of the Emilio Aguinaldo School of Medicine, the College will formulate, implement and evaluate:
- a relevant curriculum which is community health-oriented as a contribution to the country’s effort to provide adequate health care services to the majority of the people;
- programs and training activities that promote academic excellence, scientific and scholarly attitudes, moral values, medical ethics and Christian social consciousness, love of country and respect for Filipino values and tradition, respect for patients’ rights and dignity, dedication to a life of learning
- a faculty and support personnel development program that is thoughtful, purposeful and cost-effective in its recruitment, training and management policies, and
- a resource-seeking program for upgrading and expanding the institution’s teaching and learning as well as research facilities e.g., laboratories, library, etc.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSA. Eligibility:
- Baccalaureate or Bachelor degree in Science or Arts (BS or AB Degree)
- NMAT score of 40 percentile or above
For Incoming Freshmen:
- Official Transcript of Records (original or certified true copy) – Undergraduate, Graduate (if any)
- Certificate of Graduation
- NSO or Live Birth Certificate (original or certified true copy)
- NMAT result (official copy)
- Certificates of Good Moral Character, or Recommendation Letters (2) from one of the following:
- College Secretary
- Department Head
- Previous professors
- Transfer Credential or Honorable Dismissal Certificate (original copy)
- Official Transcript of Records (original or certified true copy)
- Proof of NMAT
- Two (2) Good Moral certificates coming from the Dean or College Secretary & Faculty or from two (2) Faculty members
- Passing the validating exam for any subject in the past year level wherein the applicant’s grade is lower than 2.75
- On a case-to-case basis, an endorsement letter from CHED will be necessary.
- Duly accomplished application form (online or onsite)
- Interview with the Dean/Admissions Committee
- Psychometric exam given by the EAC Guidance Counselor Office
- Physical and mental fitness certificate issued by the EAC School Physician
- Passport (original copy)
- Student visa
- Student permit
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) as verified by the Registrar
- Passing the English placement test given by the Aguinaldo International Language Institute
- General Weighted Average (GWA) – 1.75 or better
- NMAT score – 75 percentile or higher
- Entrance examination given by the School of Medicine
The Emilio Aguinaldo School of Medicine implements the Outcomes-Based Curriculum (2015-2016) in observance with the 10 learning outcomes namely: Demonstrate Clinical Competence; Communicate effectively; Lead and manage health care team; Engage in research activities; Collaborate with inter-professional teams; Utilize system-based approach to healthcare; Engage in continuing personal and professional development; Adhere to ethical, professional and legal standard; Demonstrate nationalism, internationalism and dedication to service; Practice the principles of social accountability. It is a 4-year curriculum leading to the degree of Doctor of Medicine, with an addition of 1-year internship in any APMC accredited hospital.HOSPITAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS FOR CLINICAL TRAINING
- Manila Med (Base Training Hospital)
- University of the Philippines – Philippine General Hospital (UP-PGH)
- Ospital ng Maynila Medical Center (OMMC)
- Emilio Aguinaldo College Primary Care Clinic and Birthing Facility
- Our Lady of Sorrows Foundation Community Outreach Center, Inc. (OLSOFI)
- Emilio Aguinaldo College Medical Center – Cavite
- Dasmariñas City Health Office (Pagamutang Bayan)
- Qiqihar Medical University, China
- Thai Medical Council
- Nepal Medical Council
- Medical Council of India
- Maldives Medical Council
- Medical Council of Sri Lanka
Emilio Aguinaldo College School of Medicine
College Secretary’s Office – 9th floor, Building 7
Dean’s Office – 10th floor, Building 7
Telephone nos.: +632 521 2710, local nos. 5521, 5526
Fax no.: +632 523 3117
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.orgAccounting Office Tel. No. +632 521 2710, local nos. 5362, 5365