GRADUATES OF THE BS BIOLOGY PROGRAM SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the basic principles governing biological science.
- Extend knowledge and understanding to a critical assessment of current views and theories in selected areas of the biological sciences.
- Perform basic biological and chemical techniques in either a laboratory or fieldwork research setting.
- Have adequate technical writing skills and effective oral communication abilities.
- Develop critical thinking skills and have strong sense of ethical behavior in dealing with issues and concerns in biological sciences.
GRADUATES OF BS ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE PROGRAM SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Exhibit sufficient knowledge on the scientific theories and techniques needed to monitor and understand environmental quality.
- Integrate and apply the various disciplines towards the understanding of environmental problems.
- Engage in careers, occupations or trades related to environmental education, monitoring, assessment, and management in government and non-government agencies/organizations as well as in academe.
- Have adequate technical writing skills and effective oral communication abilities.
- Develop critical thinking skills and have strong sense of ethical behavior in dealing with environmental issues.
GRADUATES OF BS PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAM SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theories, principles, concepts and skills in psychology.
- Apply psychology knowledge in making judgments and create approaches in problem-solving in an applied or an employment context.
- Undertake research and communicate the results to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Exhibit understanding of the ethical dimensions of the use of psychological theories and methods.
- Assume further training and acquire higher level competencies either through formal graduate education or in an employment context.
- Apply the learned knowledge and skills in psychology in clinical, industrial and educational practicum settings.
GRADUATES OF BS IN MASS COMMUNICATION PROGRAM SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Exhibit adequate knowledge and skills in the theories of communication applicable in various professions and contexts, with focus on the media profession.
- Demonstrate creative and technical skills in producing media messages that can contribute to the development of discourse on sustainable development in both national and international level.
- Display sufficient knowledge and skills in producing mediated communication programs which uses communication management approach.
- Develop interpersonal skills relevant to the acquisition of research and critical thinking competencies.
- Develop autonomy in learning and integrate the ideals and standard set forth in the practice of mass media profession.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN COMMUNICATION
SCHOOL OF LIBERAL ARTS
This committee is tasked to coordinate the production and publication of relevant researches that respond to the needs of the faculty, students and other members of the Emilio Aguinaldo College community.
TEXTBOOK, SYLLABI, ON-LINE, ESSAY EXAMS
This committee evaluates textbooks, syllabi, on-line modules and essay exams based on the recent education trends, and recommends for approval.
TEACHING AIDS & STRATEGIES
The committee is responsible for coordinating the different subjects areas, in producing and updating relevant teaching aids and strategies to facilitate delivery of learning-teaching processes.
The committee periodically reviews and updates the curricula of the programs offered by the school.
The committee is responsible for organizing and implementing the outreach program of the school. The committee also coordinates with the Director of the Institutional Outreach Program for maximized involvement of the College in outreach.
Aguinaldian Biological Society (ABIOSOC)
The Aguinaldian Biological Society (ABIOSOC) is an official school organization composed of students belonging to the BS Biology and BS Environmental Science programs. It aims: (1) to promote the importance of Biological and Environmental Sciences as integral field of academics and research; (2) to develop and enrich the environmental as well as socio-civic awareness of students; and (3) to foster/maintain cooperation among SAS students including the alumni.
Emilio Aguinaldo College Psychology Society (EAC-PsychSoc)
Students who are officially enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Psychology are automatically members of the Emilio Aguinaldo College Psychology Society (EAC-PsychSoc). This organization upholds the following principles and objectives: (1) to promote psychology as an effective medium of attaining national consciousness geared towards a responsible and peaceful society; (2) shall strive to promote and protect the welfare and interests of its members thereby helping them to succeed in their chosen field in counseling, clinical, testing and industrial; (3) to assist the School of Arts and Sciences in implementing programs for academic and civic development of the studentry.
Mass Communication Society (MCS)
The Mass Communication Society is the official student organization of the Department of Mass Communication. It seeks to achieve academic excellence through research and community involvement, with the end goal of upholding the integrity of Philippine Mass Media and its role in raising the consciousness of the Filipino people in the global context. Each member participates in both campus and off-campus activities towards the realization of the vision-mission and goals of Emilio Aguinaldo College.
LIBERAL ARTS STUDENT COUNCIL
The Council is composed of student-leaders duly elected by the College of Liberal Arts students and headed by a president. The body serves as an arm of the Central Student Council and is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs for the students.
PANGALAY ARTISTS’ CIRCLE
This is a cultural dance group of the college which is affiliated with the International Cultural Society. The group constitutes students, as members and performers, and a faculty, as an adviser, and endeavors to: uphold the rich cultural heritage of Philippine dances; create linkages (local, national, International); and enhance awareness of students and the community.
YAMAN LAHI THEATER GUILD
This is a drama and theater arts group of the college which constitutes a faculty, as director, and students, as members and performers. The group aims to foster the art form of stage play production.
BUKLOD NG WIKA
The group constitutes students enrolled in Filipino 1, 2 and 3. It has its own student-officers and faculty-adviser, and it aims to come up with programs that can enhance the classroom learning and instill the love for the Filipino language and culture.
The group constitutes students enrolled in the Psychology program. It has its own student-officers and faculty-adviser. The society aims to organize activities that will serve as avenues to enhance students’ academic theoretical learning capabilities and develop closer and healthy relationship among the students in the field of Psychology.
The group constitutes fourth year students enrolled in the Psychology Internship Program. It has its own student-officers and faculty-adviser. The group aims to enhance their theoretical learning and develop their counseling skills through their exposure in the educational, clinical, and industrial setting.
The group constitutes certain students enrolled in the Masscom program. It has its own student-officers and faculty-adviser. The group aims to enhance their theoretical learn
LINKAGES & AFFILIATIONS
INDUSTRIAL LINKAGES (MASS COMMUNICATION)
- ABS-CBN Network, Quezon City http://www.abs-cbn.com/
- GMA Network, Quezon City http://www.gmanetwork.com/
- DWIZ Radio Station, Pasig City
- People’s Tonight, Manila
- Phil. Association of Communication of Educators Foundation, Quezon City
- COMGUILD Center for Journalism, Pasig City
- CINEMALAYA, Manila http://www.cinemalaya.org/
- Public Relations Society of the Philippines, Pasig City
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Manila http://www.plm.edu.ph/
- Far Eastern University, Manilahttp://www.feu.edu.ph/i>
THE SCHOOL OF ARTS & SCIENCES IS A BONA FIDE MEMBER OF THE:
- Asosasyon sa Pilipinas ng mga Colegio ng Agham at Sining (APCAS)
- Asian Congress for Media and Communication (ACMC)
- Philippine Mental Health Association (PMHA)
- Psychological Association of the Philippines, Inc. (PAP) – Junior Affiliates
1. LEVEL II Liberal Arts Programs – Mass Communication and Psychology December 2010 – December 2015
2. CANDIDACY STATUS Biology Program December 2011 – December 2013
VISION & MISSION
The Teacher Education Program envisions to produce teachers who are effective synthesizers of organized knowledge with analytical and critical thinking abilities, and efficient facilitators of learning to assist the learners develop their potentials to the fullest.
The mission of the School of Education is to prepare globally competitive teachers who are imbued with the ideals, aspirations and traditions of Philippine life and are sufficiently equipped with pedagogical content knowledge and skills.
The School of Education aims to develop professionally competent teachers who are able to assume and perform the following:
- Effective conveyors of organized knowledge developed from human experienced.
- Efficient promoters and facilitators of learning that will enable the learners to develop to the fullest their potentials for a continuing pursuit of education.
- Active humanists who possess clear understanding and appreciation of human values.
- Implementers of training and development programs responsive to the education and professional needs of administrators, faculty and students;
- Providers of top caliber teachers who are sensitive and responsive to the needs of the society and of the nation.
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
The School of Education was given permit to operate in 1989 and was issued government recognition by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports in 1991, it has relentlessly pursued its goal in producing quality educators of the country. On December 13, 1995, the college merited recognition from the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) granting the college Level 1 Accreditation. It was an affirmation that the college has continued to be competitive with other schools of Education.
In 1990, the government granted EAC the opening and operation of a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education and in 1991 a permit was granted to operate a 4-year Education course leading to a Bachelor degree in Elemenary Education.
In May 23, 1996, EAC was granted permit to open a Nursery and Kindergarden school which serves as a Laboratory School for the College of Education with Mrs. Rolenda L. Campos as its Director.
The College of Education continues to produce teachers, who do not only convey organized knowledge but also a humanist with a clear understanding and appreciation of human values that elevate the human spirit.
The BEED and BSEd programs are structured to meet the needs of professional teachers for elementary schools and special education programs in the Philippines and the needs of professional teachers for secondary schools in the Philippines, respectively.
Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEED)
The BEED aims to develop elementary school teachers who are (a) generalists, who can teach across the different learning areas in grade school, (b) special education teachers, or (c) pre-school teachers.
Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSEd)
- Music, Arts
- Physical Education
- Physical Science
- Social Studies
The BSEd aims to develop high school teachers who can teach in one of the different learning areas in high school like Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, English, Filipino, among others.
Teacher Certificate Program (TCP)
For Non Education Degree Holders who desire to join the NOBLEST Profession (Teaching).
TCP is the fastest way to get into the Teaching Profession for it requires only 18/30 units of Professional Education subjects to qualify for taking the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET).
The Teacher Certificate Program provides non-education degree holders with an understanding of the nature, cognitive, socio-emotional and physical characteristics of students who need appropriate general education programs. The program further equips students with appropriate educative delivery modes and approaches necessary in handling students in general education programs. Teacher Certificate Program (TCP) aims to develop among its students the necessary skills to teach in the regular schools and acquire basic skills in handling learners.
- Foundation of Education 1
- Principles of Teaching & Instructional Technology
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Foundation of Education 2
*Those students with at least 2 years of teaching experience may be allowed to take any two of the cognates in lieu of Practicum after a successful demonstration of teaching competencies. When securing the Certificate for TCP, students in this category are required to submit a certification of teaching experience from the school employer or from the Registrar. Students who wish to include practicum in their official transcript of records can enroll in Practicum.
Performance of TCP, BEED and BSED Examinees in the LET is very impressive Percentage rate of Board Passers is always ABOVE the National MEAN.