VISION & MISSIONThe School of Engineering and Technology endeavor an intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and technical trained students in the fields of Engineering and Technology, so as to have a meaningful effort to humanize a fruitful development in technology. Recognizing the fast-paced technological advancements in the field of computer science; computer programming; electronics and communications, electrical, industrial and computer engineering, and the technology courses, the school has embarked on a mission to provide the industry with competent Engineers and who will handle the Engineering requirements of the industry. In line with this mission, the School of Engineering and Technology envisions to produce technically trained professionals who can cater to the ever-growing demand in the field of computer science and computer programming, computer technology and electronics and communications technology.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGYThe School of Engineering and Technology offers the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering*
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Communications Engineering*
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering*
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering*
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science*
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERINGThis program is a 5-year degree course recognized by the Commission on Higher Education and currently applying for an accreditation by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA). Computer Engineering is a highly active and fast changing discipline. It combines the two disciplines of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. This combination provides us with a unique approach to computer applications where we consider both hardware and software aspects. Computers have become and will continue to be pervasive in our lives. There is no limit to what will be possible as a computer engineer. If you’re interested in all aspects of computers, and how they apply to the world around you, then Computer Engineering is a choice for you.
Computer Engineering Program Objectives
- Produce graduates with necessary background and technical skills to work professionally in the following areas: Computer Hardware and Software Design, Computer Based System, Computer Network Design and Electronic Design Automation.
- Produce graduates who are highly competent in the field of Computer Engineering and assure leadership role and active involvement in national development for the improvement of man’s life and his environment.
- Produce graduates with the ability to work as member of team, composed of individuals for different disciplines and a broad sense of social, ethical and professional responsibility.
- Produce graduates with strong oral and written communication skills and have a capacity to produce effective technical documents and to use current communication techniques and tools.
- Produce graduates with the capacity to engage in continuous self-improvement, personal enrichment and professional development through research and entering and succeeding in an advanced degree program in Computer Engineering and other field.
Computer Engineering Program Outcomes
The BSCpE program must produce graduates possessing the following:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences and engineering sciences to the practice of computer engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system to meet desired needs.
- An ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve computer engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- A broad education necessary to understand impact of engineering solution in a global/societal context.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning to keep current of the development of the specific field of specialization.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use appropriate techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for computer engineering practice to be locally and globally competitive.
- An ability to apply acquired computer engineering knowledge and skills for national development.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING(offered in Cavite Campus) Due to the rapid growth of Telecommunications industry and the advancement of semiconductor projects in the Philippines, the school has embarked on a mission to provide competent and industry oriented Electronics and Communications Engineers who will handle the advanced modification and maintenance of communications and semicon industry. In line with this mission, the course was established to produce technically trained professionals who can cater to the growing demand of competent personnel in the field of Electronics and Communications. Electronics and Communications Engineering is a broad professional discipline concerned with the analysis, design and management of generators, electronic circuitry, voice, data and video systems. The complexity of modern industrial and service organizations with their emphasis on quality, increased effectiveness and higher productivity through automation and computerization to provide for the increased demand for a new bread of electronics and communications engineering graduates.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE ON ELECTRICAL ENGINEERINGBecause of an increasing demand for Power Distribution Engineers in the Philippines, the school has embarked on a mission to provide skilled and industry- oriented Electrical Engineers who can handle the design and maintenance of power generation and distribution in our country. In line with this mission, the course was established to provide technically competent professionals who can cater to the needs of the Electric power industry in the field of Electrical Engineering. Electrical engineering is an amazingly broad and rapidly growing field. Radar, sonar, lasers, medical imaging, optical communications, microchips, embedded computers, cell phones, autonomous robots, wireless communications, genomic automation – these areas of specialization represent just a fraction of our field. Electrical engineers design all kinds of electronic and electric systems, from cell phones to electric power generators, from medical devices to satellite and aircraft systems. They develop improved human interfaces in hardware and software, and they build biologically inspired miniature machines and giant robots. Electrical engineers frequently advance in their careers through business, law, finance, and medicine, and many possess the communications and analytic skills to become managers, advisors to politicians, and public leaders.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERINGIn line with the fast growing need of qualified personnel whose role is to design, improve and install innovative systems of people, information and equipment in the industries, the school has embarked on a mission to provide skilled and industry trained Industrial Engineers whose duty is to provide integrated system of management. In line with this mission, the course was established to provide qualified and skilled personnel who can design, maintain and predict the production and control an industry. Industrial engineering involves the design and improvement of systems in organizations to maximize productivity. The industrial engineering team is concerned with the creation of wealth. They achieve this through the creation of improved, more efficient systems in both the production and service environments. The industrial engineering team plans the arrangement of equipment and scheduling of work, and also controls labor, production, material, quality and cost. Everyday industrial engineering work involves a wide range of activities and challenges: available resources such as manpower, materials, money and time must be applied as productively as possible. The industrial engineering team designs better methods and facilities for manufacturing and services. Industrial engineering is a multi-disciplinary field of study that equips you with the necessary technical background, as well as the economic and people skills vital to making economically justifiable decisions in a business environment.
B.S IN COMPUTER SCIENCEAs today’s industries compete in a knowledge-based economy, this four-year degree course covers the operational basics and concepts of Computer Science to expose students to abstract thinking and develop expertise in logical reasoning and critical analysis. This aims to help students to be more competent as they enter a dynamic and rapidly changing field of information technology. The curriculum strength provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to grow and relate theoretical knowledge to practical training to make them better prepared and become successful IT professionals in the future. This includes mathematical aspects needed to provide a comprehensive approach to design, analyze, and write solutions to problems.
- Expose students to abstract thinking and develop their expertise in logical reasoning and critical analysis, which are essential in the application of Computer Science.
- Provide a comprehensive approach in the design and analysis of computers and structures.
- Constantly improve the analytical and intellectual training of students to cope with rapid advancements in the field of computerization.
- Inculcate human values and appreciation for Filipino culture; and
- Instill commitment to service for country and humanity.