The Research and Development Office now the Center for Research and Development (CRD) was created by the Board of Trustees in its regular meeting held on August 22, 1994 with Cecilia P. Reyes, Ph.D. as its founding Director. The CRD aims to utilize its human resource in formulating and conducting research programs/projects within the priority areas of the foundation and of thenational government.
Yaman Lahi Foundation, Inc is a private science and research foundation first accredited by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) on July 26, 1995 (Secretary William G. Padolina) and renewed for another five (5) years on June 2001 (Secretary Estrella F. Alabastro). The Foundation has several objectives.
Among these are to organize, staff, and finance research projects which may be established in furtherance of the purposes and objectives of the Foundation; promote, support and, and finance publication of the reports prepared under the auspices of the Foundation; and to provide financial support for the studies of selected students and for the attendance at scientific conferences by qualified and competent scholars (YLFI Articles of Incorporation, 1980).
1. The EAC Research Agenda shall be in line with the National Higher Education Research Agenda
(NHERA), the DOST / NRCP Research Agenda and priorities of other funding agencies .
2. EAC thrusts and programs as well as faculty- researchers' expertise and capability
3. The research shall involve the participation of faculty and students
Guided by the above principles there are research undertakings that shall be given consideration:
1. Basic research that generate new knowledge and advance the frontiers in the various disciplines
2. Research in aid of policy and development of programs that can be implemented to solve
problems, issues and challenges face by the College as well as the nearby community.
3. Research aimed at producing technology based modules/ programs
4. Health research producing herbal medicine ,improved diagnostic technique / physical therapy for special group of people
1.Education, Social Science, Business
2. Allied Health Sciences
3. Science and Technology
D. Research Priorities
In 2011 the top priority area was on Climate Change and last year it was on Outcome- Based Education, This year the plan is to generate action research in these areas that will produce policies and intervention programs as indicated in the past researches. In addition the implementation of K to 12 which pose a big challenge to the Education Sector will be a priority area. What curriculum to use? What teaching approaches/ strategies appropriate?